- Where can I register?
* Limited to the first 200 LLUH registrants
- What are the race fees?
$40 prior to midnight, Nov. 7 – shirt guaranteed
$45 from Nov. 8 to midnight, Dec. 1 – shirt not guaranteed
$55 race day, Dec. 2 – shirt not guaranteed
$65 prior to midnight, Nov. 7 – shirt guaranteed
$70 from Nov. 8 to midnight, Dec. 1 – shirt not guaranteed
$80 race day, Dec. 2 – shirt not guaranteed
Elves Trot (t-shirt and breakfast not included)
$10 through race day
- Is there a team discount?
Teams with 5 to 14 members will receive $5 off each registration. Teams with 15+ members will receive $10 each registration. It does not matter if some individuals are registering for the 5K and some are registering for the Half Marathon as long as there are at least 5 or 15 registering at one time.
- Can I get a refund for any reason?
- There will be no refunds for any reason. The race will go on—rain or shine.
- Is there special pricing for Loma Linda University Health employees, staff or students?
* Limited to first 250 registrants with valid EID code
Loma Linda University Health offers employees, staff, and students a discount code good for $20 off regular registration fees by validating their 8-digit EID numbers
(not their employee numbers). Please note there is only one
registration discount per LLUH EID number and only the person assigned to the LLUH EID number is eligible for the discount.
- Can I register and pick up my chip and race bib before the race or on race day?
- Pick up your shirt, bib and timing chip at the Redlands Running Center Saturday, Dec. 1, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The Running Center is located at 1430 Industrial Park Avenue in Redlands; 909-335-2226.
You can register on race day beginning at 6 a.m. (at a higher price) or register in advance and pick up your bib and chip on race day at the Loma Linda Civic Center, behind the Fire Station.
7 a.m. – Half Marathon and 5K Run and Walk
8 a.m. – Elves Trot (for children ages 3 through 6)
- Is the race shirt guaranteed?
- The long-sleeve race shirt is guaranteed for those who register by November 7. If available, shirts will be provided to late registrants after the race. There should be enough shirts available for late registrants, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- What time should I arrive on race day?
- Plan to arrive at least 1 hour before race time. That means by 6 a.m.—especially if you plan to register on race day.
- Where can I park on race day?
- Park in any available parking near the northwest corner of Barton Road and Mountain View Avenue, including the Stater Brothers supermarket lot. (Do not park in the VA Medical Center parking lots.) Limited street parking is available along the north side of Barton Road.
- What is the age limit for the Elves Trot?
- The Elves Trot is for children ages 3 through 6 years.
- I placed in my age group or earned an overall finisher trophy, but left the race before I could pick it up. How can I get it?
- To pick up your award after the race, you need to come to the Loma Linda University Drayson Center when the Lopers have a regular meeting between 6:30 and 7:30 AM on Sunday mornings. We are sorry, but we cannot mail awards not picked up on race day.
- What is the route?
- Both the Half Marathon and 5K races start and finish on Loma Linda Drive next to the Loma Linda Civic Center at Barton Road and Loma Linda Drive.The 5K course is a loop with some hills.
The Half Marathon course goes out and back. The first portion alternates flat and uphill and then turns around on the bike path by the San Timoteo Wash. Parts of the route have beautiful views of the San Bernardino mountains and valley.
For the safety of all participants and to satisfy insurance requirements, absolutely no dogs, baby joggers, strollers, bicycles, roller blades or other wheeled vehicles allowed on the course.
- How many water stops are there along the course? Where are the porta-potties?
One water stop at approximately 1½ miles.
There are eight water stops. The first and last water stops will have water only; all others have water and Gatorade. Approximate mileage of water stops: 1½, 2¾, 4½, 6, 7¾, 9½, 11¼, and 12½.
Porta-potties are available on the Half Marathon course at four of the water stops: 2¾, 6, 7¾ and 11¼. There are no porta-potties on the 5K course.